We know that the most impactful communications programmes are built by teams who bring different perspectives and life experiences. We know that an enriching work environment is one that celebrates people’s different abilities, sexual orientation, background, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Curious Health is built to celebrate diversity and create an environment where everyone can thrive.
One of the joys of building an agency from scratch today is having this baked into your foundations. That’s not to say we have all the answers. We most definitely do not. We will be challenged; we’ll learn and act to make sure that we’re delivering on our promise. Here are some things that we’ve done to make a start:
– All team members undertake unconscious bias training, which is regularly revisited
– We run workshops that enable us to build an agency that promotes psychological safety. This helps all of us, but is also designed to make sure that team members who consider themselves to be neurodiverse feel they are able to thrive
– We recruit from the whole of the UK, enabling people to work together virtually whilst investing in spending quality time together. This helps us recruit people from more diverse backgrounds
– We have signed up to the Better Business Act, so we are committed to assessing the success of our business on more than just financial KPIs.
– We’ve promised to advance the purpose of Curious Health, not only for the shareholders, but also in a way that benefits, and reduces harm, for wider society and the environment.